- We collect limited account information and store and maintain your account and profile information on our servers.
- We will never rent, sell or share information that personally identifies you for marketing purposes except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
- We may share general information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Webvent under confidentiality agreements. General information may be used to help Webvent communicate offers to you from Webvent and our marketing partners. Our partners do not have any independent right to share this general information and any offers will include a URL and email address where you can unsubscribe from future mailings.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Webvent may display targeted advertisements based on personal or group information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria.
- You can update your account information and preferences at any time.
To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Webvent is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are under 13, please do not use Webvent or the Service.
What types of personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
Account information. When you register with Webvent, we will request some personal information, including your first and last name, email address, and password to create your account. Your password will be maintained on our system in an encrypted form.
Email. Webvent may send to the primary email address specified in your Webvent profile a Webvent-related newsletter. You may unsubscribe from this newsletter by writing to news@Webvent.tv with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line or using the opt-out URL provided in every newsletter.
Webvent may also distribute periodic updates regarding the Webvent service. These administrative messages are considered part of your Webvent account service.
Group data and contents and usage. The contents of your Webvent account are stored and maintained on Webvent servers in order to provide the Service. Because we keep back-up copies of data for the purposes of recovery from errors or system failure, residual copies of group contents may remain on our systems for some time, even after you have deleted information or after the termination of your account. Webvent employees do not access the content of any accounts unless you specifically request them to do so (for example, if you are having technical difficulties accessing your account) or if required by law, to maintain our system, or to protect Webvent or the public.
We also may collect information about the use of your account, such as how much bandwidth you are using, how often you log in and other information related to your use of Webvent. Information displayed or clicked on in your Webvent account (including user interface elements, links, and other information) is also recorded. We use this information internally to deliver the best possible service to you, such as improving the Webvent user experience.
Cookies & log information
Cookies. A cookie is a small data file that is sent to your computer when you first visit a website. As with most website cookies, our cookies include an identification number that is unique to the computer you are using. This identifier helps us better understand our user base and how they are using our site and Service.
Transfer of information
Terminating your membership
All Users: You can terminate your membership in and remove your profile information from Webvent at any time by writing to privacy@Webvent.tv with TERMINATE in the subject line. You should be aware, however, that residual copies of information may remain stored on our systems even after the deletion of information or the termination of your membership within Webvent.
Use of your images or profile in marketing materials
Webvent reserves the right to include images you post via the Service, including your header graphic or overview summary page, on the Webvent website or in other marketing materials for demonstration and promotional purposes.
You may specifically request in writing that we not use images of your profile page in this manner by sending a request via email to privacy@Webvent.tv with the text REMOVE FROM MARKETING MATERIALS in the subject line. You may also submit your written request to:
4425 Plano Parkway, Suite 1104, Carrollton, TX 75010
Attn: Marketing Webvent
Webvent may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Webvent profile or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
We hope you will enjoy using Webvent.